Doctor insights on:
What Is The Main Difference Between A Broken And Fractured Clavicle
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
About a year ago i fractured my left clavicle at a 40 degree angle. It still juts out but it's not broken. I have pain in the area now. Why? Any advic
Xray: I would get a new xray and make sure it is truly healed. ...Read more
Fracture clavicle bi: No it does not happen before birth, but it can happen during difficult birth sometimes. ...Read more
It depends: The treatment of clavicle fractures has evolved quite a lot over the last decade. The orphic peaty community used to believe that everyone did well as long as their fracture healed. We now know that is not the case. There are many instances where surgery is needed to realign the fracture fragments. That being said, a number of fractures are still managed in a sling, without surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
3 options: Options include simple sling for 3-4 weeks, figure of 8 brace for 4-6 weeks, or surgery. Most clavicle fractures heal within 10-12 weeks without surgical intervention, but if the fracture is significantly displaced or shifted then surgery may be a better option for best results. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Over recent years, we have become more aggressive with operative fixation of clavicle fractures as the rate of them not healing is higher than we had originally thought. There are certain patient and radiographic factors that lead us down dichotomous paths of operative vs. Non-operative fixation. A sling and pain medicine is the only conservative measure that can be offered in the meantime. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the main difference between a compound fracture and a contusion?
- What is the main difference between a broken foot and a sprained foot?
- What is the main difference between a sprained thumb and a broken thumb?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a cracked bone and a fractured bone?
- What is the difference between a deviated septum and nasal bone fracture?
- What is the difference between a fractured heel bone and a heel spur?
- What is the difference between a stress reaction and a stress fracture?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free