Doctor insights on:
What Is The Longest You Know Someone Had Survived With Congestive Heart Failure
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
Too little info: Congestive heart failure (CHF) is in many ways a generic term - it is more of a symptom than a diagnosis. Someone suffering with CHF typically has shortness of breath, fatigue and fluid build up in the lung tissue. The root cause of CHF will determine the prognosis. Some causes of CHF include inherited muscle diseases (cardiomyopathy), coronary artery disease (heart attacks), kidney faliure, etc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No one knows: Every day is a blessing. You beat the odd of survival by almost 20 years. Bless you. ...Read more
My sister had an open heart surgery onths ago now she is in hospital with congestive heart failure what's the chance to survive?
Boyfriend is in congestive heart failure, heart functioning at 5%, pumping fluid off organs now, too weak to survive heart attack/stroke. Prognosis?
Is it risky for someone to have hip surgery when they have congestive heart failure? i know someone having hip surgery and was wondering how risky it
Surgery: If a patient has active symptomatic congestive failure the risk of surgery is very high. We generally don't operate unless CHF is well controlled and not symptomatic at the time of surgery. ...Read more
Indefinitely?...: Mild congestive heart failure, if aggressively managed with appropriate medications and lifestyle changes, can sometimes remain mild for many years, even for the duration of a person's life. Rarely, the heart contractility even improves with medications, or with avoidance of further insults to the heart. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Basically, it is a condition in which your heart becomes an inefficient pump. As a result, fluid backs up into your lungs and also your lower extremities. There are numerous causes for this but ischemic heart disease is the most common cause. This can be diagnosed by laboratory test, chest xray, as well as an echo or ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the longest someone not treated lived with congestive heart failure?
- What is the longest a person could live with mild congestive heart failure?
- What is the life duration of someone with heart failure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the life expectancy of someone with heart disease or condition?
- What is the difference between congenital and congestive heart failure?
- What is the life expectancy of someone with stage 4 renal failure?
- What is the longest you can survive on peritoneal dialysis?
- Talk to a cardiologist online