Doctor insights on:
What Is The Likelihood You Can Get Scabies
Possible: Scabies is a mite that burrows under the skin and receives nourishment from the skin. They can live for about two weeks in clothing and bedding by feeding off the skin cells that exfoliate. If you are in close proximity to someone with scabies or in an environment where there are scabies mites on furniture, carpets, etc. You may also walk away with some mites. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Child with a confirmed case of scabies gave me a brief hug. Likelihood that I will contract it? Extremely anxious, should I just begin treatment?
Unlikely an issue: A brief hug from an infected kid would provide little chance for transfer of living scabies. After 4 weeks you would have active skin problems. Kids who share bedding, and live in close contact are more likely to share this problem. It is not that easy to pass in a public setting. ...Read more
My coworker has had scabies for a month and refuses to get treated knowing she contracted them. She insists they will die on their own. Totally false?
Scabies: It is possible to get scabies on the face. However, for unknown reasons it is not the typical location. Often the head is spared. However, if the parasite stays on the skin too long untreated, it can go anywhere. Most commonly seen around belly button, genitals, thighs, hands, fingers. But no site is safe from this pesky annoying creature. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the weakest glasses prescription you can get?
- What is the earliest you can get morning sickness?
- What is the earliest age at which you can get breast cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the latest somebody can get a growth spurt?
- What does it mean when you get the chills and lower back is in pain?
- Can you get scabies from the gym?
- What injuries can you get from falling down the stairs?
- Talk to a dermatologist online