Doctor insights on:
What Is The Lifespan When You Have Peripheral Neuropathy
Not in itself: Neuropathy can increase yor risk of an ulcer or infection in your foot, but this risk can be minimized by performing daily skin checks of your feet. Imbalance from neuropathy can also increase your risk of fall. The underlying condition responsible for your neuropathy (like diabetes) is more likely to shorten your lifespan than neuropathy itself. It is a nuisance and a burden nonetheless. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A complete nerve transection will leave an area totally numb. The distribution of the numbers depends upon where the nerve was cut. A partial nerve injury may leave the area tingly or incompletely numb. Finally even if the nerve is not cut the swelling and bruising to the tea can affect the nerve as well. Usually we consider sharp penetrating injuries as likely having nerve lacerations when sensation is lost. A hand surgeon can examine the hand and pinpoint the site or extent of nerve injury and recommend ...Read more
Can you have peripheral neuropathy with negative nerve. Conduction tests? Tested positive for bilateral carpal tunnel
Carpal tunnel or PN: If your nerve conduction test showed you have carpal tunnel syndrome, that is your diagnosis. Your nerve conduction test is not normal or negative if this is the diagnosis. This is a good test for distinguishing these two conditions. It is possible to have rare kinds of neuropathy with a normal nerve conduction test- this is why it is important to have an interview and exam with the test minder ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
Axonal PN: Axonal peripheral neuropathy is an illness that may cause numbness and weakness affecting the feet, legs and sometimes the hands. In this condition the nerve cells (axons) that transmit information become ill. Common causes of this condition are hormonal and blood chemistry disorders...... http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peripheralneuropathy/detail_peripheralneuropathy.htm ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does peripheral neuropathy reduce your lifespan?
- What is peripheral neuropathy in diabetes?
- What chemotherapy induces peripheral neuropathy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of small fiber peripheral neuropathy?
- What vitamins and minerals are a remedy for peripheral neuropathy?
- What is the drug of choice for the peripheral neuropathy in diabetic pt?
- What is the lifespan for a child have suffering from major thalassemia?
- Talk to a neurologist online