Doctor insights on:
What Is The Life Expectancy For A People With Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy: Although it is difficult to put a time line on this condition, these patients eventually will need cardiac transplant and accordingly they should be referred to a transplant center so that they can placed on transplant list. Occasionally, cardiomyopathy may be part of another disease such as muscular dystrophy in which case the life expectancy is more likely related to that underlying disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Often, normal: The spectrum is vast. If diagnosis is based purely on genetic test (i.e. Screening), many people with the gene never develop any cardiac abnormality. If hypertrophy is present, one needs assessment by a cardiologist to determine future risk of serious rhythm problems, based on several measurable variables. It's common for people with this disorder to have completely normal lifespan. ...Read more
No answer: There are way too many variables that I don't have the information on to answer that. Obviously, you are anxious deliberating this at age 25. You can live a normal life span with lupus. You can also live varying amounts of time with dilated cardiomyopathy - it depends on severity, co-existing conditions, your general health otherwise, & most important, your willingness and ability to live healthy. ...Read more
Variable: This condition like many has a broad spectrum of severity. Different hearts are affected differently. Affect on ejection fraction has a major impact on symptoms and longevity additionally one must be sure the diagnosis is correct. Consult with a cardiologist who is well versed in cardiomyopathies. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the average life expectancy of a person with cardiomyopathy?
- What is the life expectancy for a person with advanced cirrhosis?
- What is the life expectancy for a chld with vacterl syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the life expectancy for a person with cardiomopathy?
- What is the life expectancy of someone with advanced lymphoma just a few months?
- What is the life expectancy for a patient after heart bypass surgery?
- What is life expectancy for a patient with pulmonary fibrosis?
- Talk to a cardiologist online