Doctor insights on:
What Is The Leading Cause Of High Blood Pressure In Children
Obesity: Obesity is thought to be the number one risk factor for high blood pressure in chidren. Per, uptodate: "•children who are overweight (greater than the 85th percentile for weight) are more likely to have higher BP values (adjusted for age, gender, and height) and be hypertensive." there are some less common causes, but the problem of obesity in us children is tremendous. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
A common...: ...Cause is narrowing of the artery that supplies blood to the kidneys, though there are others. ...Read more
My boyfriend has high blood pressure, but we want children. Will this affect his ability to do it?
Unlikely impact: Unless he is having some sort of erectile dysfunction, there is no reason to think he can't be a successful part of conceiving one or many children. Both partners should get a physical before trying to conceive to make sure you are in good health now and can be healthy in the years to come for your children. ...Read more
Hereditary: Hereditary...Would be the most common cause.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the cause of high blood pressure in women?
- What is the cause of high blood pressure?
- What are the causes of high blood pressure in women?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause of high diastolic blood pressure?
- What is the result of blood platelet count in high risk pregnancy?
- What is the cause of high white blood cell count?
- What is the possible cause of death in blood transfusion?
- Talk to a pediatrician online