Doctor insights on:
What Is The Job Of The Spinal Cord
Much too common: Since many spinal cord injuries result in permanent numbness, weakness, and even paralysis, it is important to protect your spinal cord. Avoid high risk behaviors and be smart. During summer months especially we see spinal cord injuries from jumping head first into shallow pools or rivers, and from high speed car/motorcycle accidents, often with alcohol involved. Be safe! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Spinal fluid (CSF): Cerebrospinal fluid is produced deep in the brain and then flows down and out around the spinal cord, bathing the brain and cord in protective fluid. It is primarily water with ions (sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium), protein, glucose, and other trace substances. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on damage: The spinal cord serves as a conduit for information to/from the brain.If cord injury is minor(brief compression/shock) the information transfer may stop for a time & return after any swelling/etc.Is gone. If the injury kills a segment of the cord, the sensation below the segment is lost and voluntary control of muscles below the injury is gone (permanent paralysis). Reflex mvt may persist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
SCS replacement: Spinal cord stimulator includes two parts, lead and generator. If your generator is recalled, it's a simple replacement. If the leads are recalled, it can be replaced too, but more complicated. The more important question is how well it works for your pain. If it works well, you should have it replaced. If it doesn't work well, talk to your doctor to see if it can be reprogrammed before removal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best procedure to treat a cavernous hemangioma of spinal cord?
- What happens if the dorsal root of a spinal nerve is damaged?
- What happens if the ventral root of the spinal nerve is cut?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if the ventral root of a spinal nerve is severed?
- What happens if the dorsal root of a spinal nerve is severed?
- Inflammation of the spinal cord is called
- What happens when the dorsal root of the spinal nerve is damaged?
- Talk to a neurologist online