Doctor insights on:
What Is The Incubation Period For Shingles
How do you calculate the incubation period of CP I saw my friend on Mon and then again on Thur and she had shingles is't from last day or the for firs?
7 to 21 days: Most of us have already had varicella (chicken pox) or been immunized, so we are immune. "Last day or first" is not an issue. If you were in the same room, especially face- to -face, for over 15 minutes you may have sustained significant exposure. If your friend was treated (acyclovir, famcyclovir, valacyclovir) your risk is very low. If your friend was already 2 or 3 weeks into it your risk is l ...Read more
Shingles (Herpes Zoster) (Definition)
Shingles is a painful blistering skin rash caused by the chickenpox virus (varicella zoster). Early treatment with antiviral medication (within 72 hours) lowers the risk of post herpetic neuralgia, which is lingering skin pain after the rash disappears. ...Read more
HIV infection: This is probably the wrong question. There is no 'incubation' period. If you get infected with HIV you are infected with HIV and must be treated to prevent the immune destruction that leads to aids. Now, from exposure to full on infection is usually a fourteen to twenty-one day process. The new HIV viral tests can be 100% accurate at day 21 or later. ...Read more
Not necessarily: It the period of time between your exposure to the germs and when you actually become ill. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Incubation period for shingles being contagious
- What is the incubation period for malaria?
- What is the incubation period for rabies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the incubation period for ringworm?
- What is the incubation period for mrsa?
- What is the incubation period for chicken pox?
- What is the incubation period for bacterial meningitis?
- Talk to a dermatologist online