Doctor insights on:
What Is The Incubation Period For A Herpes Sore
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
If you touch someone with herpes can you prevent it before the incubation period can you just wash the part of where you touched it?
Washing usually helps: Viruses gain access through any open skin wound. If you have a cut or an insect bite it is a potential portal of entry for any type of virus to set up housekeeping and cause trouble. Of course you're not going to end up with the herpes virus unless you have direct contact. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blister= herpes: Most herpes lesions look like a blister(think burn) early on.A pimple is usually a red base with a pustular (white)center.Not always easy to tell the difference.If it is on or very near your lip (or penis or vaginal labia) suspect herpes.Is worthwhile to discuss with dr.Herpes is a serious and life- long infectious disease. ...Read more
Orabase: Otc orabase by colgate will create a thin film over the sore and provide temporary pain relief topically. It is one of the best otc treatments as it will stick to the sore for a longer period of time thanother otc meds. Also see a doctor about rx for meds to take to limit herpes sores in the future. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Incubation period for herpes zoster
- Oral herpes incubation period
- Genital herpes incubation period
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Herpes simplex virus incubation period
- What is the incubation period for malaria?
- What is the incubation period for rabies?
- What is the incubation period for pneumonia?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free