Doctor insights on:
What Is The Heart Valve In Back Of The Heart Called
A valve is a structure that regulates the direction of flow. The heart is a special kind of pump. It moves blood by squeezing and relaxing. There are 4 chambers and each chamber has a valve. This keeps blood from moving backwards when the heart squeezes. When a chamber squeezes it lets the blood move forward but when the chamber is relaxed it prevents the blood from ...Read more
Chordau tendiniae: The "fibers" are called "chordae" and are similar in function to parachute chords. They prevent the valve leaflets to prolapse (tricuspid and mitral), holding them back just like a parachute chord prevents the parachute from flipping up. If these chords break, the valve will leak. Surgical fixes include annuloplasty (narrowing the valve ring), repairing the chordae, and valve replacement. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had a heart valve replacement and i'm on warfian, back in august I have cold flu symptoms... Have a fever n sore throat can I take tylenol (acetaminophen)...?
No, some risks exist: Like any invasive surgical procedure there are risks: infection<2%, stroke < 1%, death<.5%; these numbers can vary depending on degree of co-existing illness in patient. Many of these procedures have been performed, you can obtain success data on a given physician. In every case, a risk/benefit calculation must be analyzed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could the narrowing of a heart valve be called?
- What is surgical repair of a heart valve called?
- Heart valve tendons called
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a back doctor called?
- What is a back specialist called?
- What is a back surgeon called?
- What is an overlapping heart valve?
- Talk to a cardiologist online