Doctor insights on:
What Is The Function Of Potassium Citrate And Magnesium Citrateplease Elaborate
Potrate: Mb6 solution does not contain vitamin b2 (riboflavin), as far as i can tell. It does contain vitamin b6 (has multiple forms, but pyridoxal phosphate is active & involved in many metabolic reactions). The solution can be used to make urine less acidic -- a good idea if you have uric acid kidney stones. ...Read more
It can be used to..: It can be used to prevent calcium oxalate kidney stones. Since you have already had kidney stones, i supect that they were trhis type. It is not used to treat other types of stones as a preventitive. B6 decreases liver production of oxalate and magnesium binds it in the gut to prevent it being resorbed and producing calcium oxalate stones in the kidney! always ask what your medicine is for! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends.: Urocit-k is useful in the treatment of recurrent kidney stones and its dose will vary depending on the clinical situation. The typical starting dose is 30meq per day, which is divided into two (15meq) or three (10meq) doses. The max dose is 100meq/day. The dose will depend on renal function, response measured through urine collection studies, and patient compliance. Please check with your doctor. ...Read more
24-48 hours: 24-48 hours if the combination is going to be effective. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Potassium citrate and magnesium citrate solution
- What is magnesium citrate good for?
- What is magnesium citrate used for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is potassium citrate used for?
- What is l-carnitine magnesium citrate?
- What is the difference between magnesium and magnesium citrate?
- What are the benefits of calcium magnesium citrate?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free