Doctor insights on:
What Is The Enzyme That Breaks Down Alcohol
I had elevated liver enzymes. Stopped drinking and they went down. Will I ever be able to drink alcohol again?
Mild tenderness in liver area after drinking alcohol, slight elevated liver enzymes 2 months ago, new test says they have came down but still tender.
I got tested in the hospital and had high liver enzymes (200-300 ast&alt). Any suggestions on how to get them down safely? I stopped drinking alcohol.
Alcoholic hepatitis: The liver enzymes will come down if you stop what injured the liver in the first place. Stopping alcohol is easier said than done, you have to really work at it. Get some follow up tests done to make sure the liver enzymes are back to normal. If not, check for hepatitis c. ...Read more
Liver enzymes tested high ast72/alt144. Cut out alcohol and retesting in a month. What can I do/eat/herbs to help? Would one drink make a difference?
Liver Is In Trouble: You may see significant improvement with time and abstinence. Milk thistle is an herb that is used world wide for this problem. Yes, even one drink can prolong healing when or if your liver is still inflamed. It must heal fully before retesting anything toxic to it. ...Read more
No : Aspirin is not toxic to the liver the way alcohol is. By contrast, the active ingredient in tylenol (acetaminophen) is highly toxic to the liver in large doses. People who drink alcohol excessively are at increased risk of liver damage if they take excessive doses of tylenol or other drugs that contain acetaminophen. healthtap. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can neutropenia elevate liver enzymes? On August NEUT: 13, on December 54.7 % and ALT: 63 ->183 ->70 U/L. I don't drink alcohol neither i use meds.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is the principal enzyme for breaking down carbohydrates?
- Do proteolytic enzymes break down proteins?
- Enzymes produced by the pancreas help break down
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What organ breaks down protein for the body?
- What causes skin break down in the elderly?
- What can you do to help break down protein in your body?
- What helps break down food into nutrients during chemical digestion?
- Breaking down enzymes