Doctor insights on:
What Is The Easiest And Safest Way To Break A Fever On A 17 Month Old Infant
No cold baths!: To cool a hot house first turn down the thermostat then open the windows. Same with kids. Turn down the thermostat in the hypothalamus by giving Ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Place them in thin clothing & remove blankets. Ice baths are rarely needed & cause pain & anguish. But only break a high fever. Low grade fevers to 39 c. Help fight infection & are usually tolerated if you maintain hydration. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See a doctor: Fever usually means that the body is raising the temperature to stop viral or bacterial attacks. An infant retains the mother's antibodies for about 3 months. The infant's immature immune system takes over so the baby becomes more vulnerable . If the baby's temperature is very high or very low, it may be very serious go to emergency dept, hydrate, tepid not cold water for cooling, take a temperature. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dose of acetaminophe: The dose is 0.8 ml of drops, can be given every 4 hours if needed for temp. ...Read more
See below: Before seeking medical care you may try a period of resting the stomach without feeding for a 1-2 hrs and reintroducing a smaller amount and allowing your infant to digest things more efficiently by keeping him/her upright and allowing the stomach to empty. Reflux can be common. Loose stools is an infant norm-never formed or hard. If fussy and not consolable see your doctor or go to the er. ...Read more
My 17 month old has a fever from 103-105. It comes down briefly with medication, but shoots back up 2 hours later. She is lethargic and not drinking.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best and safest way to remove a cyst that is just under the skin?
- Ways to gain weight as a teenage male
- What is the fastest and easiest way to get a six pack?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best way to treat a sunburn on your face?
- What is the fastest way to get rid of a boil and heal the skin up?
- What to do when a 7 month old has a fever and a cough?
- What is the best way to bring the swelling down on the eye from a maschito bite?
- Talk to a pediatrician online