Doctor insights on:
What Is The Discrepancy Between Rheumatoid Arthritis And Polymyalgia Rheumatica
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Bad: Ra is an inflammotry disorder, characterized by high levels of CRP in the body. CRP does not cause the damge, but is the best surrogate marker for inflammation in the body, particularly the blood stream. Inflammation hurts the ling of blood vessels and increases the tendency to deposit cholesterol plaques. It raises clotting factors, such as fibrinogen which makes the blood more liely to clot! ...Read more
I am 37 yr old lady i am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis since 10 yrs i am going with wysolone n folitrax all the joints r affected so i want some exercise also
I'll b very thankful to you?
Please see a rheumat: Go see a rheumatologist. The more aggressive the early treatment the better. ...Read more
Depends: If your rheumatoid arthritis affects your fingers, then you may not be able to grab your parnter's gi (uniform) which is essential in judo. It also involves throwing your partner on their back, so if you have an arthritic back I would not recommend it either. Tai chi, would be a good alternative for someone with RA. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Anti inflammatory: A whole food diet, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, legumes, lean protein and healthy fats like omega 3 fatty acids found in some fish like salmon. Avoid processed foods, too much sugar, simple carbs, like bread, cookies cakes and crackers.These cause your blood sugar to rise quickly and increase inflammation in your body. Some people do better avoiding nightshade vegetables. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the otherness between rheumatoid arthritis and polymyalgia rheumatica?
- What is the difference between arthritis and polymyalgia rheumatica?
- What is the difference between psoriatic arthritis and polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between autoimmune diseases and polymyalgia rheumatica?
- What are treatments for polymyalgia rheumatica?
- What are the symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free