Doctor insights on:
What Is The Diffrence Between A Endoscopy And Sigmoido
Lung vs gi tract: Bronchoscopy is the study where they look into your lungs with a bronchoscope. Endocopy, a non-specific term, usually refers to the procedure of looking into your GI tract (stomach, intestines). But, in general, endoscopy is any study that looks inside your body, so a bronchoscopy is a type of an endoscopy... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Occasionally : Gastroenterologists and surgeons will sometime differentiate endoscopy as diagnostic and therapeutic. Therapeutic can sometimes be called surgical endoscopy if it involves removing a large polyp, treating bleeding, but endoscopy and surgical endoscopy are essentially the same. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the difference between laryngoscopy and endoscopy? Are they both doing the same thing? Do I have to be sedated for both?
See answer: The endoscopy is more in depth and goes farther down your GI tract, often requiring sedation. A npl (naso-pharyngeal laryngoscope) procedure is less invasive and can be done at times in the office of an ENT dr. With local sedation. An ENT dr. May be able to elaborate more than this. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Direct vision vs. TV: In colonoscopy a scope is passed retrograde up the colon after cleansing with a bowel prep. Air inflation dilates the bowel to aid visualization. With the pill camera, the pill or capsule is swallowed and as it passes the pylorus to the small bowel, a TV image is transmitted to a camera and the passage of the pill is video copied to review any findings and visualize any small bowel lesions. ...Read more
What is the difference between NERD & GERD? If my endoscopy shows normal but I have dysphagia corrected by Nexium, is this NERD?.. Only Nexium works.
NERD: ... Is an endoscopic term meaning that no erosions were seen in the esophagus by endoscopy . It does not mean that you do not have gastroesophageal reflux disease. If Nexium helps, I would continue that medicine, as recommended by your gastroenterologist. You should also continue antireflux measures, in addition. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and an endoscopy?
- I have a lump on the joint between my middle finger and hand what is it
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a colon polyp and tumor?
- What is the difference between a uti and kidney stones?
- What is the difference between a regular lymph node and a cancerous lymph node?
- What is the difference between a stye and pink eye?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online