Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference In Flonase And Veramyst
The compound: Flonase is Fluticasone Propionate and veramyst is fluticasone furoate. They have changed the "side chain" of the steroid molecule making it potentially a more active compound. It binds to the receptor more "tightly" and may last longer. Thus you may have better results with veramyst vs. Flonase. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I believe a scent or preservative in Flonase , Nasonex, and Omnaris triggers migraines. Is Veramyst a good alternative to these ? Something else?
Yes: veramyst has a very fine mist that is well tolerated. If it causes migraines, just stick with nasal saline, like a netty pot ...Read more
Don't know: I couldn't even find flonaseql with google. I presume that they have the same ingredients but different delivery systems. However this is just a guess. ...Read more
What is the difference between Flonase and nasacort? Which is better for you (e.g. has fewer side effects)?
Same: While I love Dymista because it combines both a steroid and an antihistamine sometimes it can be very expensive. In situations where affordability is an issue, I often prescribe the components separately (azelastine and fluticasone) in order to save patients money. Both are equally effective, Dymista's advantage is that its all combined in one spray. ...Read more
Flonase better: Allegra is an atihistamine and is helpful for itchiness, sneezing and a runny nose, not helpful for congestion. Flonase, an intranasal steroid covers all these symptoms plus congestion. Head to head studies comparing Flonase to antihistamines, singulair, or sudafed showed that Flonase beat them all. I usually suggest daily Flonase and adding an antihistamine on as needed or supplemental basis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What difference is there between flonase and veramyst?
- What is the difference in baby acne and an allergic reaction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference in hives and celiac dermatitis?
- What is the difference in novedex xt and nolvadex?
- What is the difference between autism now and in the 70s?
- What is the difference between tics and transient tics in children?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online