Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference In Effect Between Glucosamine And Glucosamine Sulfate
No difference: The active ingredient is the same.Get a more detailed answer ›
Different forms: Glucosamine is a supplement currently used for joint health. It comes in various forms, two of which you have listed. The difference is simply the side-groups on the glucosamine molecule (sulfate vs n-acetyl group). The one most studied is glucosamine sulfate. Studies suggest that it shows promise for osteoarthritis but the jury is still out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Different supplement: Msm is sold as a dietary supplement and marketed with a variety of claims, often in combination with glucosamine and/or chondroitin for helping to treat or prevent osteoarthritis. There is little evidence that it works and it is not fda approved. Msm is the abbreviation for "methylsulfonylmethane." I do not recommend it for arthritis. It is pricey and of little proven value! ...Read more
Absorption.: The n-acetyl variant is more quickly absorbed. I would not pay the higher cost, though, since the sulfate variant is also well absorbed, albeit not as quickly. Also, glcnac is the monomeric unit of the polymer chitin, which forms the outer coverings of insects and crustaceans. It is the main component of the cell walls of fungi, therefore, sourced difference. ...Read more
I am taking daily one tablet of glucosamine sulfate potassium1500 mg since one year. Now my knees have no pain. How long can I take? Or I should stop?
Yes.: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between glucosamine sulfate and glucosamine hydrochloride?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between an adverse drug reaction and side effect?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you explain the difference between glucosamine sulfate and msm?
- What is the difference between autism now and in the 70s?
- What is the difference between tics and transient tics in children?
- Whats the difference between glucosamine msm and sulfate
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free