Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Impetigo And Ringworm
HUGE: Ringworm is a skin infection spread from a person or a cat. The source is usually a kitten. Typically it is scaley with a clearing in the center, slightly itchy, and slowly spreading. Impetigo spreads rapidly, usually the lower face, with honey-colored crusts and maybe blisters. The skin is puffy & sore. Impetigo is transmitted from another person, an infection by strep or staph bacteria. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Trichophyton is one of the common types of fungus that can infect the skin, called a "dermatophyte". It can cause ringworm of the skin (such as athlete's foot or jock itch) or of the scalp. It is usually diagnosed with a scraping of the skin and can be treated with topical medications if on the skin, or oral medicines if involving ...Read more
Please confirm: These are two very different diagnosis. Impetigo is bacterial and treated with topical &/or oral antibiotics. Ringworm or Tinea is fungal skin infection and is treated with topical antifungal creams and steroids. Impetigo is crusty and pus like in nature http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ringworm/basics/definition/CON-20021104 ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Follow instructions: Rashes and other skin lesions are sometimes difficult to definitively diagnose because many of the features of different conditions can overlap. It's best to follow the instructions of the prescribing physician, who is highly trained and experienced. If your rash is not improving after a good faith effort of treatment, other diagnosis should be considered. ...Read more
My pediatrician diagnosed impetigo but now looks like ringworm after being on antibiotics for a week. What should I do?
I've had impetigo for 2 weeks now, & the cream and antibiotics that the doctor gave me was healing it. But now it's on my side & looks like ringworm?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- What is the difference between zyrtec and xyzal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between piles and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- What is the difference between hyperextended thumb and sprained thumb?
- Talk to a dermatologist online