Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Water On The Knee And Knee Swelling
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Good evening. I have cyclic knee effusion; every 10 days, my knee swells up. After 2 days, the swelling resolves itself. Cause? Thanks.
Knee swelling: Knee effusion or swelling can be due to a number of causes: a proliferative (diffuse) or focal (local) synovial condition, loose bodies, meniscal tear, articular cartilage wear, and an underlying bleeding disorder; if you, indeed, are experiencing this a MRI should be ordered to rule out an internal derangement. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See doctor: Pain when standing usually indicates cartilage damage such as a torn meniscus or more likely wear and tear arthritis (osteoarthritis). The treatment may be very simple such as weight loss, wearing a brace, anti inflammatory medications, etc. I would advise that he get an accurate diagnosis, either from his primary care physician or an orthopedic surgeon. ...Read more
Rest compression ice: Decreasing activity (especially the ones that cause swelling, rest, ice, compression (ace wrap) and nsaids are all reasonable ways to help treat knee swelling. To figure out why your knee is swelling, an examination, x-rays, and perhaps an MRI are often needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: It depends on the cause of the swelling. Try ice and rest. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between inflammation and swelling?
- What is the main difference between inflammation and swelling?
- What is the difference between fat water soluble vitamins?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a bruised knee cap and fracture?
- What is the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulitis?
- Differences between womens mens water polo balls
- What is the difference between haemosiderosis and haemoschromatosis?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free