Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Urinary Analysis And Culture
Not common terms: You may mean urinary tract INFECTION. At any rate, upper would mean kidneys and the tubes that collect urine from them to deliver urine to the bladder, and lower would mean bladder and the tube that carries urine to the outside. Generally infections in the lower tract are less serious than the upper tract, but one can lead to the other if not treated. ...Read more
What is the difference between a bladder infection and uti? Is a bladder infection the same as a urinary tract infection?
UTI: "uti" includes all types of infections in the urinary tract. Cystitis is specifically a term describing inflammation of the bladder. Most often cystitis, although quit irritating, does not cause systemic symptoms such as fever, body aches etc. Pyelonephritis (also a uti) on the other hand is an infection of the kidney causing significant systemic symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
History and exam: Asking the right questions along with a focused physical exam can provide helpful clues. Sometimes symptoms such as flank pain and fever can distinguish conditions such as pyelonephritis versus urinary tract infections/or bladder infection. Your physician may also obtain simple lab test. Lastly, sometimes imaging is needed to look for other causes such as kidney stones. ...Read more
How can you tell the difference between a bladder infection, urinary tract infection, and yeast infections?
See your HCP: It is critical to avoid waiting to treat a urinary tract infection (also commonly known as a bladder infection). Waiting to treat a bladder infection can lead to a serious complication - another urinary tract infection called a kidney infection.. Seeing your hcp who can check your urine and your vaginal discharge will result in a specific diagnosis. Don't delay ! ...Read more
The infection part: Interstitial cystitis (ic) is by definition a non infectious inflammation of the bladder. Urinary tract infections (utis) are most often caused by bacteria. Ic can be tough to diagnose so make sure you see a urologist before someone throws that diagnosis at you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
22years female with urinary frequency.analysis showed moniliasis crystal and splitting calyces .what's the management?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the differences between urinalyisis and urine culture?
- What is the difference between urinary infection and bladder infection?
- What are the differences between bone marrow biopsy and chromosome analysis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Difference between bladder infection and urinary tract infection
- Difference between urinary tract infection and std
- Difference between yeast infection and urinary tract infection
- What is the result of urine culture in urinary tract infection?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online