Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Tylenol And Acetaminophen
Not much: Both are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.Get a more detailed answer ›
See details: Other than both having pain relieving properties there is no association. ...Read more
Effect on baby: Aspirin and Ibuprofen are related anti-inflammatory pain medicines. They should be avoided in pregnancy, especially in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters because they can close an important valve in the baby's heart. This valve normally closes at the time of birth which is why they can be taken post-partum. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is a pain reliever that does not have this effect on the baby and is safe in pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dosing: Dosing is the only difference. They both have oxycodone and acetaminophen, tylox has 5mg of oxycodone and 500mg of acetaminophen, where as Percocet has different levels or oxycodone and Acetaminophen (multiple dosing formaulations), most commonly 5 mg of oxycodone and 325mg of acetaminophen. Hope this helps! ...Read more
Acetaminophen: Both have the same narcotic ingredient (hydrocodone) & acetaminophen.Both can have the same dose of narcotic agent, but Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) has less Acetaminophen than vicodin or lortab. Drs. Know that Acetaminophen actually has a high risk of causing liver & kidney disease, so using less Acetaminophen decreases the chances of organ injury.This does, however, mean less synergistic pain relief from acetaminophen. ...Read more
Rx Vs OTC : Promethazine is an antihistamine may be used to treat allergic reactions and treat/prevent nausea/vomiting. Promethazine is by prescription only/should be avoided in children least than 2yrs old. Guaifenesin is an expectorant, works to thin mucous/makes cough productive (works best if taken with plenty of water) available rx/otc.Both may be seen in combination products use for cough/colds. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between acetaminophen and ibupropen?
- What is the difference between tylenol 3 and vicodin?
- Difference between acetomenofin and acetaminophen
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulitis?
- What is difference between tinea?
- What difference is there between nasonex?
- What is difference ibuprofen or aspirin or acetaminophen?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free