Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Total And Partial Hip
Pelvic component: Total hip replacement involves a metal stem with a ball on the end placed in the thigh bone and a fixed metal cup placed in the pelvis. The ball can rotate in the cup. Partial hip replacement uses a larger ball that rotates in the natural socket. Partial hip replacement in usually done for a fractured hip. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
They are the same: A total hip replacement involved putting in a cup fixed to the pelvis, and a stem with a ball on top, into the femur. This creates an artificial ball and socket joint. Other types of hip replacement include partial hip (same type of stem) with a large ball that articulates with the native socket in the pelvis, used often in hip fractures. Hip resurfacing is another form of hip replacement. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the difference between osteoarthrosis and osteoarthritis in the hips. I have bilateral protrusio told I have osteoarthroisis?
Cemented vs.: Non-cemented replacements are just what they sound like. Cemented means a bone cement that gets used to get immediate gluing of the prosthesis to the bone. The non-cemented replacements use your own bodies healing mechanisms to allow bone to eventually glue itself to the prosthesis. Typically Non-Cemented replacements take a long time to heal requiring non-weight bearing status for months. ...Read more
Hard to tell: However an easy way to tell is if your pain is in the groin region or in the front thigh area where the legs meets the pelvis it could be hip. Otherwise it could be sciatica as well. Recommend seeing a spine/pain specialist that has musculoskeletal training to determine what your problem might be. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What is the difference between your pelvis & your hip x-rays? What is the difference between a hip X-ray compared to a pelvis x-rays?
Different focus: Pelvis looks at your pelvic bones and your hips are included but dedicated hip x-rays focus in with better detail on the hips themselves and you typical get more than one projection as well. ...Read more
Different locations: Problem with hip or legs- two different locations. For medical treatment you need exact diagnosis by an orthopedic specialist ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a partial hip replacement and a thr?
- What is the difference between a complete and a partial hydatidiform mole?
- What is the difference between sciatica and just having hip or thigh pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- What is the difference between zyrtec and xyzal?
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference between a partial and total hip replacement?