Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between The Pneumonic Plague And Bubonic Plague
Lots: The hallmark of bubonic disease is the bubo, an extremely painful infected lymph node draining the area where the infected flea fed on the person. Pneumonic plague, the only transmissible form of the infection, can occur from spread of the bubonic stage through the bloodstream or be acquired airborne from someone else with pneumonic plague. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Well..: Smallpox ended as a result of an aggressive world wide vaccination program. Polio is essentially gone in the U.S. due to vaccination efforts, but is still a problem worldwide. Bubonic and pneumonic plague are caused by same organism. It is still exists and causes disease. No one knows for sure how the plague in the Middle Ages ended. Possibly quarantine, better hygiene, and warmer climate ...Read more
Bubonic plague epide: Who knows if there is biological terror attack it is theoretically possible. ...Read more
Treatment: Once medicine learned what the caused these plagues the search was on for a treatment. It was not until the advent of antibiotics that treatments became reliable and it was not until the second world war that medicine learned how to make antibiotic in large enough quantities to bring the price down to an affordable level. ...Read more
Yes and no: It will come through again and cause widespread mortality if and only if there is a massive collapse in society (i.e., a nuclear war) and people are once again foolish enough to stop keeping cats. You won't meet pneumonic or septicemic disease in today's world and if you meet the bubonic form from a woodchuck's fleas, you'll be sick in time for shotgun antibiotics to cure you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- What is the difference between zyrtec and xyzal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between piles and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- What is the difference between hyperextended thumb and sprained thumb?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online