Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between The Pneumonic Plague And Bubonic Plague
Lots: The hallmark of bubonic disease is the bubo, an extremely painful infected lymph node draining the area where the infected flea fed on the person. Pneumonic plague, the only transmissible form of the infection, can occur from spread of the bubonic stage through the bloodstream or be acquired airborne from someone else with pneumonic plague. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Well..: Smallpox ended as a result of an aggressive world wide vaccination program. Polio is essentially gone in the U.S. due to vaccination efforts, but is still a problem worldwide. Bubonic and pneumonic plague are caused by same organism. It is still exists and causes disease. No one knows for sure how the plague in the Middle Ages ended. Possibly quarantine, better hygiene, and warmer climate ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Treatment: Once medicine learned what the caused these plagues the search was on for a treatment. It was not until the advent of antibiotics that treatments became reliable and it was not until the second world war that medicine learned how to make antibiotic in large enough quantities to bring the price down to an affordable level. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
It depends..: Some people survived. Most people developed symptoms within two-three days of exposure. Depending on the type of plague ( bubonic, septicemic or pneumonic)., they could be gone in 24 hours. Fortunately, it is uncommon in the U.S. and is treatable. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes and no: It will come through again and cause widespread mortality if and only if there is a massive collapse in society (i.e., a nuclear war) and people are once again foolish enough to stop keeping cats. You won't meet pneumonic or septicemic disease in today's world and if you meet the bubonic form from a woodchuck's fleas, you'll be sick in time for shotgun antibiotics to cure you. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- What is the difference between zyrtec and xyzal?
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between piles and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- What is the difference between hyperextended thumb and sprained thumb?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online