Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between The Arthritis Medicines Mobic And Celebrex
Depends.: Celebrex, or celecoxib, las a lower risk of bleeding from the gut, but also is the only NSAID that does not block the effect of low dose Aspirin used to prevent heart disease or stroke. Meloxicam blocks aspirins effect, as do all other drugs like Naproxen (aleve), and Ibuprofen (motrin). Unfortunately, Celebrex remains on patent and is much more expensive. For most, Meloxicam is a good choice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Similar: Both are inhibitors of the enzyme cyclooxygenase (cox). There are two forms of this enzyme. Celebrex is considered active against "cox2 only" and Mobic (meloxicam) is considered active against "mostly cox2." this may make them gentler on the stomach than traditional medications like ibuprofen, naproxen, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can't get Celebrex (celecoxib). Health Care District here prescribes generics. Got Meloxicam instead. Need clarification on what happens at 15mg as opposed to 7.5?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between arthritis and gout?
- What is the difference between arthritis and osteoarthritis?
- What is the difference between arthritis and rheumatism?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the differences between gout and arthritis?
- What is the difference between arthritis and arthrosis?
- What are the main differences between osteopathic and homeopathic medicine?
- What is the difference between radiation therapy and nuclear medicine?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free