Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Stage And Grade For Brain Cancer
Grade is key.: Brain tumors are rated by the world health organization grade, with higher grades generally being more aggressive. Stage is a terminology used in cancers outside of the brain, which describe how much a cancer has spread all over the body. Because brain tumors/cancers generally do not spread all over the body, we rarely use "staging" with primary brain tumors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dr. Lawson is correct in adults. In kids, the most common version of brain tumor is primary to the brain. There are many types of tumors that both start in the brain and "go" to the brain. If you ignore the types that go to the brain, in adults the 20% that start in the brain can vary from very malignant (gbm) to very benign (meningioma). In kids, tumors are varied as well but ...Read more
What is the difference between metastasized brain cancer and cancer that started inside the brain?
Type of cancer cell: Cancer that metastasizes to the brain, originally started in a different part of the body. Common sites where these metastatic cancer cells originate include the lung, breast, kidney, skin (melanoma), and the colon. A primary brain cancer is one in which the cancer cell arises from within the brain. This is less common than metastatic cancer. ...Read more
Variable: Symptoms are obviously variable, but the best i can describe them, they are most similar to alzheimers, but much, much faster. If the worst thing about alzheimers is how long it goes on, the "best" thing about end stage brain tumors is how short the suffering tends to be. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Brain tumor: The first step is to get established with a neuro-oncologist who takes care of people with grade III Astrocytomas (anaplastic type). Today there are good chemotherapy regimens that are very effective. Radiation therapy is also an adjunct to chemotherapy. Brain surgery is performed if reduction in the size of the tumor is required. Your role is to be supportive, reassuring, and keep her organized. ...Read more
Sorry: More information is needed speak to his doctor who has first hand knowledge will provide you all the information including additional treatment options . Good Luck ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between stage and grade of lung cancer?
- What is difference between stage 2 and grade 2 cancer?
- What is the difference between prostate and colon cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between lung cancer and lung disease?
- What is the difference between a punch biopsy and shave biopsy for mole removal?
- What is the difference between precancerous conditions and cancer of the cervix?
- What is the difference between mouth cancer and colds sores?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free