Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Schizophrenia And Multiple Personalities
It is complex: Multiple personality is when -usually due to severe trauma, different parts of the personality actually become separate. Schizophrenia is a psychotic disorder where a person has biologically based chemical imbalances where they are paying attention to internally generated stimuli, hearing or seeing things not experienced by others, or having fixed false beliefs they may act on. Treatments differ. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mental disorder with positive, negative & cognitive sxs. A person with positive sxs loses touch with reality with hallucinations or delusions. Negative sxs: lack of pleasure; failing to take care of every day functions; losing motivation; inability to carry out plans & isolation. Cognitive symptoms could include problems focusing, memory problems or difficulty understanding ...Read more
Psychosis is: A symptom of schizoprehnia. Scizophrenia is one of a number of psychotic illnesses. ...Read more
Types: There are 5 subtypes of schizophrenia that are based on the symptoms of the most recent episode. So paranoid type would involve an episode in which delusions or auditory hallucinations were prominent whereas the catatonic type would involve specific motor symptoms or extreme negativism. The types are paranoid, disorganized, catatonic, undifferentiated and residual. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Schizophrenia: manifests in disjointed thinking, often including auditory or visual hallucinations. Paranoid schizophrenia includes thoughts and feelings of persecution or being spied on. Undifferentiated schizophrenia is a broader diagnosis, w/out specifics such as paranoid, affective/emotional, catatonic, etc. Peace and good health. Schizophrenia, unlike the movies, is NOT multiple personality disorder. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between bipolar and schizophrenia?
- What are the critical differences between bipolar disorder and schizophrenia?
- What is the difference between paranoid schizophrenia and being paranoid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Differences between schizophrenia and autism
- Is there a difference between psychotic depression and schizophrenia?
- Is there a difference between the grandiose delusions in mania and schizophrenia?
- Movies with multiple personalities
- Talk to a neurologist online