Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Rosacea And A Rash
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
Big difference: Rosacea tends to be a reactive process in response to various stimulants that may eventually produce long term skin changes such as rhinophyma that are commonly treated with avoidance and antibiotics whereas lupus is associated with a "butterfly" rash that is a manifestation of an underlying autoimmune disease that are commonly treated with steroids. ...Read more
9months since giving birth i still have a non raised red rosacea like rash on cheeks. Sometiimes its worse than others, will it ever go away?
Rarely does forever: Rosacea is very troublesome for many and involves the skin with good blood supply such as the cheeks and nose. Some things make it worse, such as diet, hormone manipulation, hot/ humid weather, etc. The mayo clinic newsletter last year had a great review that you may find helpful with a list of foods, etc., to avoid. Certain lasers are helpful, but skin prone to rosacea rarely is symptom free. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a rash and hives?
- What is the difference between a wart and rash?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a colon polyp and tumor?
- What is the difference between a uti and kidney stones?
- What is the difference between a regular lymph node and a cancerous lymph node?
- What is the difference between a stye and pink eye?
- Talk to a dermatologist online