Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Pulmonary Fibrosis And Pulmonary Nodule
A big one: Lung nodule usually refers to a spot on the lung that may be tumor, infection, or scar tissue among others. Lung fibrosis is diffuse scarring of the lungs usually due to occupational or other exposures, infections or idiopathic - of unknown cause. Work up and treatment are completely different. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes...: Pulmonary fibrosis causes scarring in the lungs. The more severe it is, the lower the oxygen level will be over time. It takes quite a bit of scarring to actually lower your oxygen level and your oxygen level should be monitored over time with pulse ox and/or abg analysis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No and Yes: At this time the only curative intervention for pulmonary fibrosis is lung transplantation. There are no medications that have been proven to cure the disease. Some medicines may help (such as steroids, n-acetylcysteine and pirfenidone) slow the disease however. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: As the disease progreses air exchange is lessenend you would feel short of breath. In addition pressure at the pulmonary vasculature increases a commonly used agent is Revatio which is sildefanil (viagra) used for erectile dysfuction. . Decreses pulmonary vessel pressure. Avoidance of smoke and other inhaled irritants is paramount ! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Typically, patients are in their forties and fifties when diagnosed. Pulmonary fibrosis could be idiopathic (unknown cause), or due to asbestosis, silicosis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, lupus (sle), sarcoidosis, certain medications, radiation and many more. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If I can exercise less and less over the past few months does that mean I have pulmonary fibrosis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between pneumonia and pulmonary edema?
- What is the difference between lung nodule and lung fibrosis?
- What is the difference between arterial hypertension and pulmonary hypertension?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the connection between leg cramps and pulmonary hypertension?
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- What is the difference between zyrtec and xyzal?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free