Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Pink Eye And A Sty
A sty is when an oil gland of the eyelid margin gets clogged and the oil backs up and forming a pocket of stagnant oil and the eyelid becomes inflamed. A hordeolum is the acute phase or beginning stage of a stye, and a chalazion is the chronic phase (where the oil becomes more granular, thick and the skin inflammation resolves, but there is still a ...Read more
Considerable: A stye is like a pimple of the glands in the lids - causing pain, local swelling discharge. It is in the skin of the lid and not the eye. Pink eye is usually an infection that is viral of the lining of the eye, causing redess, discharge and occasionally lowering of vision. It is on the surface of the eye and not the lid. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I woke up with my right eyelid swollen and a reddish purple . No sty , no pink eye , and i haven't been hit n it hurts . Please help !
The area under my left eye is red, swollen and tender to touch. I do not believe it is a sty or pink eye - what could this be?
Inflamed skin: If skin is red, swollen and tender to touch it is inflamed. The most concerning cause of inflammation is infection, so keep an eye out. Chronic irritation from rubbing or watering eyes can do it. Bug bites can do it. Sometimes allergies can do it, although these usually itch more than hurt until they get infected. You might also be in the early stage of a stye. Keep an eye out for a bump on eyelid. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have had a stye in my eye for 3 weeks and have now developed pink eye in the same eye. What should I do?
Location: Pink eye, with several causes, leads to redness of the eye itself (the conjunctival lining over the white of the eye). Usually some discomfort, discharge and light sensitivity. Styes are in the lids, cause focal swelling, sometimes much pain and tenderness, and rarely affect vision. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a stye and pink eye?
- What is the difference between a comprehensive and a routine eye exam?
- What is the difference between a lazy eye and a regular eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- What is the difference between a colon polyp and tumor?
- What is the difference between a uti and kidney stones?
- What is the difference between a regular lymph node and a cancerous lymph node?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free