Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Over The Counter Motrin And Prescribed Motrin
None: Otc Motrin (ibuprofen) and prescribed Motrin have the same molecule and action. Prescription medication can be in a higher dose per pill but you can take more otc meds to equal that. Always be mindful of the ability of these drugs to cause excess stomach acidity and ulcers especially in the elderly. You may need an acidic blocker for your stomach. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (nsaid). It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual ...Read more
What can I take for a headache when I can't take any over-the-counter motrin or advil (ibuprofen)?
Sprained shoulder and dr. Prescribed 600mg of ibuprofen. Instead of paying for rx, can I just take 3 200mg over-the-counter ibuprofen? Or is it diff?
Motrin: Not really, just the price & the more stable coating on the brand name. ...Read more
Why is it ok to take a prescription strength medication for example an 800 motrin¬ healthy to take four 200mg motrin otc? What is the difference?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between over-the-counter prenatal vitamins prescription prenatal vitamins?
- What's the difference between motrin and ibuprofen
- Difference between motrin and advil
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Difference between motrin and ibuprofen
- Is motrin 800 over-the-counter?
- Motrin 800 over-the-counter
- Motrin 600 mg over-the-counter
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free