Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between One Shot Synvisc And Supartz
No: The short answer is no. As you know supartz is a five injection series. Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) one is one injection. If you are in the middle of a supartz regimen, i would not recommend a switch to synvisc (hylan g-f 20) one. Not because of side effects, but you will not be receiving suggested dose of supartz. Viscosupplimentation success is based on several factors in my experience. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Why would you?: They are similar medications . No need to mix them. No studies that I am aware of to support mixing the 2. ...Read more
While does kaiser no longer offer Synvisc (hylan g-f 20) or Supartz injections? Is it because of cost? I see the reviews and they are good reviews.
Cost: These medications still are a significant cost plus the charges done to do the procedure ...Read more
If I had 4 injections of Hyalgan and it didn't help the knee pain would Synvisc, (hylan g-f 20) Eufflexa, Supartz or Orthovisc help the pain?
I get synvisc (hylan g-f 20) inj' bilat knees yearly at the VA(one shot each). They tell me it last a year, but I've read you can have every 6 months. Who's right ?
Synvisc (hylan g-f 20): You can get the shots every six months but I typically recommend that if the shot last a year then there is no need to get them every six months. There is possibly a ceiling effect for the shots when they may not be effective. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between synvisc and supartz?
- Supartz vs synvisc
- Supartz vs synvisc injections
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between type 1 and 2 diabetes?
- What is the difference between diabetes 1 and 2?
- What is the difference between herpes 1 and 2?
- What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 dm?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free