Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Lobectomy And Pneumonectomy
If I have hyperthyroid/graves, after a lobectomy is my thyroid function likely to change to hypothyroid or remission? Or won't make a difference?
Can change: To hypothyroid. Your doctor should periodically monitor your thyroid with blood work. ...Read more
Remove lobe: If one lobe of the thyroid is abnormal on thyroid scan and on ultrasound, and your doctoris worried about thyroid cancer, biopsy of the abnormal lobe is indicated. If your risk is low, some physicians just remove the diseased lobe and put you on full replacement thyroid hormone for the rest of your life. ...Read more
Most do: Most liver resections are done at high volume centers in the us by surgical oncologists or transplant surgeons. The centers are required to track their results to have consistent patient referrals from smaller hospitals. Modern techniques have significantly decrease the operative mortality rate. Check around for your options. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between haemosiderosis and haemoschromatosis?
- What is the difference between epidemic and pandemic?
- What is the difference between arthritis and gout?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between curry turmeric?
- What is the difference between gatorade accelerade?
- What is the difference between a dietician and nutritionist?
- What is the difference between the cold and flu?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free