Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Levophed And Dopamine
Receptors: These three medications are used to support the heart and cardiovascular system ie. blood pressure and heart rate. They are known as sympathomimetics and have a similar response to what you would think of as adrenaline. Each has variable effect on either heart rate, heart function (in terms of strength of 'squeeze') and on blood vessels which would translate to higher blood pressure. ...Read more
I was wondering what are the differences of levophed, dopamine and dobutamine in terms of their action?
You Asked for It----: Dobutamine- direct b1 receptor stimulant or agonist in the sympathetic nervous system. Levophed- vasoconstrictor peripherally (alpha adrenergic effects) and beta adrenergic stimulant at the level of the heart and coronary vessels dopamine- dual b1 and Alpha adrenergic effects. Useful in hypovolemic shock because of conservancy of renal blood flow. Also, works centrally in other complex ways. ...Read more
Incomparable: These are numerous, due to the fact that each of this drugs represents 3 different classes of medications: Lidocaine is a na ( sodium) channel blocker for local anesthesia and arrhythmia, Dopamine is an inotrope ( stimulates heart) and Atropine counteracts acetylcholine, a mediator in autonomous nervous system. They can be used concurrently for treatment of certain heart conditions. Ask your dr. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Catecholamines: These are both catecholamines, synthesized from the Amino Acid tyrosine. Norepinephrine (ne) acts mainly in an area of your brainstem called the locus coeruleus -- triggering the stress response. Ne is also involved in pain, cognition, mood, emotions, movement and blood pressure. Dopamine is involved in regulating mood, pleasure, delusions, psychosis and drug abuse -- and more. ...Read more
Diff endorgans: Endocrine brain and hormonal.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between dopamine and dobutamine?
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between piles and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free