Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Kock Pouch And Bcir
Valve Type: Both of these are types of continent ileostomy pouches that store stool intra-abdominally and allow the user to drain it through a catheter at will. The difference between the two is in the exit valves and associated complications - the bcir is really just a newer modification to the original kock pouch. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Waste Reservoir: A kock pouch is a continent ileostomy formed through surgery after a colectomy. Basically, it's an pouch inside the abdomen (created from the intestines) that allows stool to accumulate inside the body and be emptied through a catheter in the abdomen at will. This procedure is used to avoid tradition colostomy bags and improve a patient's quality of life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a k pouch and have very low energy. What is the best way to regain my energy? Some foods mainly vegetable's are not a option due to my k pouc
Diet after BCIR: Probably no. I would start with bland foods and advance slowly. I am sure there willbe a nutrionist in the hospital for nutritional counseling. High acidity foods and concentrated foods (high on fat) are likely to trigger diarrhea and discomfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
BCIR: The bcir is a surgically-created pouch, or reservoir, on the inside of the abdomen, made from the last part of the small intestine (the ileum), and is used for the storage of intestinal waste. For details: www.Bcir.Com. ...Read more
Depends!: It's going to depend on your surgeon's expertise, the hospital you choose, your disease state, your current anatomy, your surgical history, other major health issues (like kidney, heart, lung or liver disease), the medications you take (eg immunosuppressants). In general, i would imagine death to be less than 1 in a 100. You should consult with an expert: http://www.Fascrs.Org/. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me the difference between a kock pouch and the bcir pouch?
- What exactly is a kock pouch?
- Can a bcir surgeon help me with my kock pouch?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a connection between male sexual function and a bcir pouch?
- What is the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulitis?
- What is the mortality rate for the bcir operation?
- What is the success rate of the bcir operation?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free