Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Inflammatory Arthritis And Autoimmune Disorders
Can menopause trigger autoimmune disorders? I was diagnosed with both psoriatic arthritis and celiac disease at 51.
Maybe: There is more autoimmune (AI) disease in older women, but it is unclear if it is related to time or hormones. Time: an AI condition is a problem in the immune system. The longer we live, the more likely a problem will develop. Hormones: women have an immune system that tolerates foreign things, that is how they have a baby. If that tolerance goes away, then there can be an issue. But exact cause? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
What to do if I have cvid, I am wondering what autoimmune disorders can come along with the disease?
Lupus: Typically sle does.Get a more detailed answer ›
It : It is not likely, but in medicine one never says never. ...Read more
The immune system developed to tell our own, normal cells (self) from foreign and abnormal cells (non-self). This lets the immune system eliminate viruses, bacteria, fungi and cancer cells from our body without harming normal cells. Sometimes the immune system fails to tell self from non-self and it attacks normal cells, for example in ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between autoimmune diseases and inflammatory arthritis?
- What is the main difference between inflammatory arthritis and inflammatory edge?
- What is the difference between rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory gouts?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between arthritis and gout?
- What is the difference between arthritis and osteoarthritis?
- What is the difference between arthritis and rheumatism?
- What are the differences between tendonitis arthritis?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free