Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Hyperglycemia And Diabetes
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Prediabetes: Hyperglycemia is caused by either not having enough Insulin to carry glucose into your cells (type i) or your cells being insensitive to Insulin (type ii). Prediabetes is a precursor to type ii diabetes that can be reversed with early, aggressive intervention, including regular glucose checks, diet and exercise. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If my dad stops smoking, how quickly would he see an improvement with his hyperglycemia (he has type II diabetes)? How much will stopping help?
I just wanna ask what is the prevention of having hyperglycemia to a patient with diabetes mellitus?
If i have hyperglycemia & HbA1c (type 2 diabetes) can I make desserts with canderel or other artificial sweetener
Diabetes: Yes, you can make desserts with those artificial sweeteners. The key thing with diabetes is to avoid overindulgence. You can negate the benefits of using such sweeteners if you eat too much of them. Make sure to keep your portion sizes down and pay back any excess via regular cardiovascular exercises, like walking, swimming, zumba etc., or what ever exercise you enjoy. ...Read more
This is a term that just mean high blood sugar. This can be caused by many things such as exercise, stress, eating excess sugar and the ultimate diabetes. Diabetes occurs when the body can not longer process its sugar out of the blood stream and is sustained or continuous hyperglycemia. Everyone's blood sugar will rise a little after they eat, but most peoples will return ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia?
- What is the difference between hypoglycemia and diabetes?
- What is the difference between diabetes and glycosuria?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- What is the difference between diabetes insipidus and diabetes mellitus?
- What is the difference between prediabetes and diabetes?
- What is the biggest difference between type 1 diabetes and type 2?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free