Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Hyperglycemia And Diabetes
Diabetes is a disease of increased blood glucose levels. Glucose is a type of sugar that comes from the intake of food. Insulin is a type of hormone that removes the glucose from the blood and moves it into the cells to provide them with energy. There are two different types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2. Type 1 diabetes is when the body does not make any insulin. Therefore, glucose stays inside the blood and does not move into the cells. Type 2 diabetes, which is commonly associated with obesity, is when the body is either resistant to the effects of insulin or when the body does not produce enough insulin. Increased levels of glucose in the body causes severe damage to the ...Read more
Prediabetes: Hyperglycemia is caused by either not having enough Insulin to carry glucose into your cells (type i) or your cells being insensitive to Insulin (type ii). Prediabetes is a precursor to type ii diabetes that can be reversed with early, aggressive intervention, including regular glucose checks, diet and exercise. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If my dad stops smoking, how quickly would he see an improvement with his hyperglycemia (he has type II diabetes)? How much will stopping help?
I just wanna ask what is the prevention of having hyperglycemia to a patient with diabetes mellitus?
Hi, i'm pregnant for 16 weeks i have a hyperglycemia do you think it's a gestational Diabetes or i'm really diabetic cause my 1st preg i wasn't thanks?
This is a term that just mean high blood sugar. This can be caused by many things such as exercise, stress, eating excess sugar and the ultimate diabetes. Diabetes occurs when the body can not longer process its sugar out of the blood stream and is sustained or continuous hyperglycemia. Everyone's blood sugar will rise a little after they eat, but most peoples will return ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia?
- What is the difference between prediabetes and diabetes?
- What is the difference between diabetes and glycosuria?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between type 1 and 2 diabetes?
- What is the difference between diabetes 1 and 2?
- What is the difference between diabetes insipidus and diabetes mellitus?
- What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free