Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Humira And Etanercept
None: There both basically work by the same mechanism which is inhibition of tnp. ...Read more
It's different: Different people react differently to different medications. It is possible that you will have the same trouble with Enbrel (etanercept) but it's also possible that you will have no trouble with enbrel (etanercept). The only way to know for certain is to try it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: The important side effects that have been most extensively related to tnf blockers include: lymphoma, infections including tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, demyelinating disease, a lupus-like syndrome, induction of auto-antibodies, injection site reactions, and systemic side effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there a waiting period between changing from enbrel (etanercept) to humira? If so, how long? Then how long before humira begins to work?
One week: I would start Humira one week after your last Enbrel (etanercept) injection. There is no hard and fast rule. I have seen Humira work as quickly as within two weeks and as long as three months. These medications should be given for at least three months before switching. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Dx:ra. Enbrel (etanercept) not effective after 6 mo. Humira 2x mo prescribed. Liver can not tolerate mtx. What medication can replace mtx to make humira work best?
Rheumatoid arthritis for 7 yrs. On methotrexate & prednisone. Tried so many drugs (orencia, enbrel, (etanercept) humira...). Feeling defeated. What else can I try?
Other choices: Some older drugs such as Plaquenil may help, especially with fatigue. There are also newer drugs that act via different mechanisms such as actemra (tocilizumab). I assume the diagnosis of RA is definite. If not, retest other possibilities. An exercise program may be very beneficial, especially if you start slowly and build up with hurting yourself. Don't give up hope. You can get better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between humira and infliximab drug?
- Whats the difference between humira and infliximub
- Difference between humira enbrel side effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulitis?
- What is the difference between haemosiderosis and haemoschromatosis?
- What is the difference between epidemic and pandemic?
- What is the difference between arthritis and gout?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free