Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Gnrh And Gh
GnRH hormones: While normally gnrh stimulates sex hormones, it achieves this only when it is secreted in bursts by the hypothalamus. When given in injections, it circulates continuously and it suppresses the hormones that in turn stimulate the ovary in women and the testes in men. As a consequence, there is a lack of sex hormones (estradiol in women, testosterone in men, leading to bone loss as in menopause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
FSH,LH: Gnrh stimulates follicle stimulating hormone & luteinizing hormone which stimulates the ovary to produce estrogen and Progesterone which stimulates ovulation which causes increased Progesterone which causes secretory endometrium which prepares the endometrium to allow implantation of a fertilized egg. If no fertilized egg, Progesterone falls which stimulates gnrh to again rise & the cycle repeats. ...Read more
Can you tell me for some women, secretion of gnrh is inadequate, they're consider sterile and are treated drugs that mimic it?
GnRH secretion: Some women (and men) fail to secrete GnRH from the hypothalamus (part of the brain). Therefore, there is no signal to the pituitary to make reproductive hormones (FSH and LH). In Europe, Factrel is available via an automated pump. In the US, we give fertility pts FSH and hCG to cause ovulation. For those women not trying to conceive, estrogen and progesterone hormone replacement is given. ...Read more
Unlikely: Generally no, not pain unless you mean pain at the injection site. ...Read more
Good question: Gnrh would seem by its name to help release gonadotropin. And if used in a certain fashion it could cause the release of gonadotropins (lh, fsh). However when given in a shot and having a sustained effect on the pituitary, it actually suppresses the release of lh and fsh. And this aspect of the medication can be used to help in many situations. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulitis?
- What is the difference between haemosiderosis and haemoschromatosis?
- What is the difference between epidemic and pandemic?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between sea salt and salt?
- What is the difference between curry turmeric?
- What is the difference between gatorade accelerade?
- What is the difference between a dietician and nutritionist?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free