Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Gastroenterologists And Colorectal Surgeons
Treatments: Gi docs specialize in diagnosing and medical treatments for GI ailments. Colorectal surgeons get involved when a surgical treatment is necessary. By and large, GI docs refer to crs surgeons when something more needs to be done. But it does go both ways. There are certain things that patients will report directly to a crs rather than a GI specialist. ...Read more
My husband has had hemorrhoids in the past and now appears to have a fissure. Should he see a colorectal surgeon or his primary?
Colorectal surgeon: Anal fissure disease and hemorrhoids are the specialty of the colin and rectal surgeon. They have many tools to deal with these problems based on the findings. There is a directory of colon and rectal specialists on my website at www.Colonandrectalsurgery.Com. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Are colorectal screening tests done by general practitioner or should they be done by gastroenterologists or other experts?
Yes: Both should be experts in managing this issue. Ask your primary who has the expertise locally in the area. A gastroenterologist can also refer you to the proper doc. You may require testing by a gastroenterologist to see if there is an underlying cause of the problems. Good luck. ...Read more
Some can: Ask about their training and experience with hernia repair, as well as their outcomes. Don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion a well. Most surgeons would welcome a second opinion. If the answers are satisfactory, then proceed with the colorectal surgeon. If not, consider a general surgeon with expertise in hernia repair. Hernia repair is often misunderstood and underestimated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Specialist: Colorectal surgeons complete general surgery residency training and then go on to do a "fellowship" in colorectal surgery. Usually thats one year of additional training in surgical diagnosis and treatment of disorders that affect the colon, rectum, and anus. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between having colorectal cancer and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between piles and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free