Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Endoscopy And Colonoscopy
Direct vision vs. TV: In colonoscopy a scope is passed retrograde up the colon after cleansing with a bowel prep. Air inflation dilates the bowel to aid visualization. With the pill camera, the pill or capsule is swallowed and as it passes the pylorus to the small bowel, a TV image is transmitted to a camera and the passage of the pill is video copied to review any findings and visualize any small bowel lesions. ...Read more
For colonoscopy prep kit what is the difference between propel body that says fiber and what can I eat before an endoscopy and a colonoscopy?
Discuss: Your prep with your endoscopist. Each doctor has his/her favorite preps and specific instructions regarding prep and fasting. ...Read more
Got discomfort in my bowells for amonth no toilet problems had a colonoscopy 9 months ago all clear endoscopy 3 month ago clear could it be i.b.s.
Not really: These tests require you to be under sedation. The doctor will give you medication through an IV so that you won't feel pain or remember the procedure. Rarely you may experience brief moments of discomfort or pain that you remember later, but most people don't remember anything. ...Read more
Variable time: A colonoscopy and endoscopy at the same is called a bi-directional. There are variables that affect the amount of time such as skill of the operating physician, amount of fecal material and need for tissue samples. Generally the actual procedure takes 10 - 45 minutes. After the procedure it takes approximately 30 mins to 3 hours to recover from the sedating medications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and an endoscopy?
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and a endoscopy?
- What is difference between upper endoscopy and colonoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats the difference between colonoscopy and a lower endoscopy
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and a sigmoidoscopy?
- What is the difference between hysteroscopy and colonoscopy?
- What is the difference between ileostomy and colonoscopy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free