Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Crabs And Pubic Lice
Body lice (pediculus humanus corporis) are similar to head lice. These are tiny parasitic insects live on the clothes and can often be seen at the seams. They feed on the blood of the host, and can spread certain infections. Generally these are found in the homeless or those who are ...Read more
Examination: The skin has to be examined to be sure that the organisms are gone. They lay eggs for a followup after treatment is essential. ...Read more
No: No.It is a contagious problem from someone who is currently infected. ...Read more
Pubic lice: The most effective approach is to retreat lice. The reason is that not all pediculicides kill the eggs. It is best to retreat in the window when the eggs have hatched into nymphs but are not yet hatching new eggs. There are however, some pediculicides which are strongly ovicidal. ...Read more
I have been prescribed selsun shampoo (2.5% selenium sulphide) by a doctor for having pubic lice or crabs. Will it work?
Pubic lice: A lice-killing lotion containing 1% Permethrin or a mousse containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide can be used to treat pubic lice. These are available otc without a prescription, are safe and effective when used according to instructions in the package. Am unaware of evidence that selenium is effective against these critters, but am always willing to learn. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Difference between lice and crabs
- Treating crabs pubic lice
- Treatment for crabs pubic lice
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are crabs and pubic lice the same thing?
- How to get rid of crabs pubic lice?
- What is the difference between head lice and dandruff?
- Difference between jock itch and crabs
- Talk to a pediatrician online