Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Crabs And Pubic Lice
Examination: The skin has to be examined to be sure that the organisms are gone. They lay eggs for a followup after treatment is essential. ...Read more
No: No.It is a contagious problem from someone who is currently infected. ...Read more
Pubic lice: The most effective approach is to retreat lice. The reason is that not all pediculicides kill the eggs. It is best to retreat in the window when the eggs have hatched into nymphs but are not yet hatching new eggs. There are however, some pediculicides which are strongly ovicidal. ...Read more
I have been prescribed selsun shampoo (2.5% selenium sulphide) by a doctor for having pubic lice or crabs. Will it work?
Pubic lice: A lice-killing lotion containing 1% Permethrin or a mousse containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide can be used to treat pubic lice. These are available otc without a prescription, are safe and effective when used according to instructions in the package. Am unaware of evidence that selenium is effective against these critters, but am always willing to learn. ...Read more
Pubic lice: Pubic lice are tiny insects that live on the pubic hairs, and climb down onto the skin to take a blood meal. You may see tiny specks of blood on your underwear or sheets, and if you look carefully, you may see the tiny gray creatures attached to the hairs. They are not easy to diagnose, so you should make sure you have them before you tell your female friend, . You must both be treated by a doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between head lice and dandruff?
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between piles and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- Talk to a pediatrician online