Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Coronary And Congenital Heart Disease
Heart disease is a condition in which a person has problems within his or her vascular system and heart, which includes both congenital birth defects and problems acquired later. Examples of heart disease include clogging (atherosclerosis) of the coronary (heart) arteries, heart attacks (obstructions of the arteries), damaged heart valves, heart muscle failure, and viral infections of the heart. Some major causes of heart disease include genetics, smoking, hypertension, high ...Read more
Difference: Congenital heart disease means you are born with it. Rarely coronary arteries are the main problem, usually it is one of the more common structural deformities. Coronary heart disease is disease of the coronary arteries, generally as a result of lifestyle issues such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, smoking, obesity, etc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Whats more accurate a cardiac MRI or an mdct ....Specifically for adult congenital heart disease? Whats the prefrence between the 2?
None.: Thee terms are used interchangeably.Get a more detailed answer ›
Confusing: Adults cardiologists often use the 3-letter acronym, chd, for coronary heart disease. Pediatric cardiologists use the same for congenital heart disease. Answer depends on who is using it usually. Always ask physicians to speak in words, not letters. They should. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Congenital heart disease have had significant advances in technology of diagnosis and treatment. Especially with surgical treatments. So much so that there is now a specialty in cardiology kown as "adult congenital cardiology" dedicated to the care of adults born with congenital heart disease. To answer your question it depends on the details of the disease. Some may not affect life span,some will ...Read more
How old is she?: Kids will process ideas if presented in a developmentaly appropriate format. Small kids believe in the tooth fairy & explanations should be short, focused & evident. A simple"you were born with a weak heart " should do early on, repeated as needed.(they don't take notes) after 7-8 when they let go of the tooth fairy they can process more, by the late teens they can get a full explanation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me the difference between coronary and congenital heart disease?
- What is the difference between congenital and congestive heart disease?
- What is the difference between coronary heart disease and heart disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between coronary artery disease and heart failure?
- Whats the difference between congenital and degenerative heart disease
- Difference between coronary artery disease and ischemic heart disease
- Difference between ischemic heart disease and coronary artery disease
- Talk to a pediatrician online