Doctor insights on:
Balloon Angioplasty Vs. Plain Angioplasty
No: Blood vessel is opened with a balloon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several types: Of angioplasty. Can stretch vessel with balloon or different sizes of catheters ( dotter technique). Or can make vessel bigger in surgery with patch angioplasty, where extra material sewn into vessel, like letting out you pants. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
You should: Angioplasty can be uncomfortable during some parts of the procedure, particularly during balloon inflation. Almost everyone does just fine with a few medications that will increase comfort but general anesthesia is not required. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
TPA: Trams luminal balloon angioplasty is where a calapsed small balloon fixed to the end of a catheter is passed through the artery to a narrow area. When the balloon is then inflated it squishes the narrowing wider open. The balloon is then deflated and slipped back out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Open blockages: It's a percutaneous transcatheter procedure to open blocked arteries with a balloon, usually followed by insertion of a stent at its conclusion. Patients are sedated but not fully asleep. A local anesthetic is used. There is minor discomfort at the onset as the skin is punctured and often a minute of angina when the balloon is inflated. Overall, it's not painful. ...Read more
Angio risk: While there is a laundry list of possible complications like kidney injury from the "dye", bleeding from the puncture afterwards, injury to the vessel from the balloon...The vast majority of angioplasties, when conducted by an experienced doctor, go without a hitch. Your doctor should review complications with you as part of your consent process. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between angiograms and angioplasties?
- What is the difference between allegra and allegra d?
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- What is the difference between zyrtec and xyzal?
- What is the difference between betadine and iodine?
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free