Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Aortic Aneurysm And A Regular Aorta
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
Same: Pretty much the same thing.Get a more detailed answer ›
What are the differences of getting CT angiography vs. Mra for ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm?
I know that aortic aneurysm is a general term for swelling of the aorta. How does this affect my blood flow?
My mother has ascending aortic aneurysm size of aorta 3.7cm . She is traveling from india to usa next week. What are the risks? Should she not travel?
Weak wall: The aorta is a living pipe. It has 3 layers, the inner layer or intima, the middle layer or media were some muscle like cells dwell and the adventitia rich in collagen fibers. The process of arteriosclerosis may result in slow death of the media which then gets replaced by collagen scar. The pressure inside the aorta and the wall weakness will result in dilatation of the aorta and it could burst. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The aorta: The aorta is the large, main artery that carries blood from the heart. An aneurysm (a portion that dilates or expands to a larger than normal diameter) can occur anywhere along its length, from where it emerges from the heart in the chest (thoracic aortic aneurysm) to where it travels through the abdomen & splits into the iliac arteries (abdominal aortic aneurysm, or aaa) - or anywhere between. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a difference between a thoracic aneurysm and a thoracic aortic aneurysm?
- What is the difference between white sage and regular sage?
- What is the difference between complex whey protein regular whey protein?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between activia regular yogurt?
- What are differences between regular brazil nuts and organic brazil nuts?
- What is the difference between regular tylonel and tylonel arthritis?
- What is the difference between a regular node biopsy and a sentinel node biopsy?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free