Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Angiograms And Angioplasties
Picture/Intervention: An angiogram is an image of the lumen of a blood vessel, typically done with due from within a vessel. If the angiogram shows a narrowing or stenosis, an angioplasty may be performed, which is inflating a balloon within the vessel to dilate it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I am getting an angiogram, but the hospital can't perform an angioplasty, if needed. Is it better to change to a hospital where they do both?
Yes: If there is a blockage is found during angiogram, it can often be treated during the same procedure, with angioplasty and/or stent placement. This can eliminate the necessity of a second procedure. There are risks associated with the procedure which you should understand prior to proceeding. ...Read more
It has been 8 months after angioplasty is it necessary to have to have 2nd angiogram to check how the arteries are now.
Can a blocked artery make one's breathing abnormal at times and cause hoarseness too? I am to do angiogram and possible angioplasty
Bob's stress test showed a blockage; he has chest pains a few times a week. Angiogram? Angioplasty? WebMD says medical therapy is just as good. Risks?
Symptomstic: if you are indeed having angina and the documented blockage is severe enough to cause it the intervention is appropriate and proven better than medical therapy. Also need to consider your heart pumping ability and your lifestyle but if you want to be active it should be fixed ...Read more
Verb versus noun: Angiography is the process of performing an x-ray picture (or an image) of a blood vessel by injecting the vessel with an opaque dye. Th dye often contains iodine. An angiogram is the picture of the blood vessel that was taken while performing angiography. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Balloon angioplasty vs. plain angioplasty
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between piles and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- Talk to a cardiologist online