Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between An Echogram Or Echocardiogram
Echo refers to reflections of sound waves, typically 0.5-10mhz, sent through a body structure, all variants of water density. Cardio refers to heart. Gram refers to a picture or graphical representation of the data. A form of us, these help see certain aspects of our hearts behavior/function, real-time in motion picture video. Quality & usefulness varies widely as ...Read more
Same: Same test.Get a more detailed answer ›
Will an echocardiogram definitively confirm or rule out heart failure? What is the difference between Trans esophageal echo, and echo?
Echocardiogram: KateL ~ an ECHO is an excellent part of the workup for determine cardiac failure. It accurately measures the dimensions ventricles and measures FS (fractional shortening) and EF (ejection fraction) which shows how much blood LEFT in L vent after systole. More=failure.Trans means transesophageal,and the sonar is swallowed so the mitral valve can be viewed from behind which gives better results. ...Read more
Is there a difference between new xray machines and echocardiogram machines and the ones from like 10 years ago?
Where is the difference between monodimensional, bidimensional, threedimensional and colour doppler echocardiography?
A lot: This is procedural and scientific question that needs more room than in this space. Look up m-mode, b-mode and real time echocardiography. This link as some info but is incomplete: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/echocardiography 3d is really 4d when you add in time. ...Read more
Cardiac echo is a somewhat redundant term for "echocardiogram." during this painless procedure, harmless sound waves are passed into the chest and reflected back, providing a detailed image of the heart, measures of the flow of blood within it, and information about certain structures which surround ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is difference between echocardiogram and echogram?
- What is the difference between electrocardiogram and echocardiogram?
- What is the difference between an echocardiogram and an ultrasound test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulitis?
- What is the difference between haemosiderosis and haemoschromatosis?
- What is the difference between epidemic and pandemic?
- What is the difference between arthritis and gout?
- Talk to a radiologist online for free