Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between An Audiologist And A Speech Language Pathologist
The American Speech-: Language-Hearing Association defines the scope of practice for Speech/Language Therapists at http://www.asha.org/policy/SP2007-00283/#sec1.5: They address deficits in Speech,the motor aspect of language;Resonance, pitch & vocal quality; Feeding & swallowing issues; Receptive &/or Expressive Language Delays; Deafness; Social Communication, etc. caused by a variety of neurodevelopmental disorders. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not a physician: Speech pathologists and audiologists are specialist in communication sciences. They are not physicians but provide valuable services in their area of healthcare. It would be prudent to consult an ENT specialist before going to a speech pathologist and let the ENT specialist recommend the speech pathologist. ...Read more
Might not be needed: The only reason i can imagine they would not work with a patient on the autism spectrum is that they may feel they do not need any help or that it may not provide any additional benefit. I would ask the therapist directly their reason for not wanting to provide services. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Speech/Language: Pathology is the field of specialty of American Speech-Language- Hearing Association - certified Speech/Language Therapists. Speech is the motor aspect of language, including articulation, prosody & phonation. See www.asha.org. I guess a speech coach is a psychologist or therapist who helps deal with anxiety associated with stuttering, not an ASHA-certified SLT. ...Read more
Speech path. jobs.: For the hospitals that can financially support them, there are jobs for speech pathologists, and what they do. As one can reason out, these jobs would most likely consist of helping people who have dysarthria which is inability to speak clearly either from a stroke or other cause. Many people have a lisp, etc. Which impairs pronounciation and speech pathologists help them form words better. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a cholinergic agonist and an adrenergic agonist?
- What is the difference between an mammogram and a ultrasound?
- What is the difference between an expectorant and a cough suppressant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a cyst and an ectopic pregnancy?
- What is the difference between an ivus and a cardiac catheterization?
- What is the difference between a bad bloody stool and an okay bloody stool?
- What is the difference between a keratolimbal allograft and an autologous graft?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free