Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between Allergic And Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosis
They are different: Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis occurs in some people and behaves like cortisone-resistant bronchial asthma. Most sufferers would have a specific type of bronchiectasis(dead-ended bronchial tubes) one must have an allergic reaction to aspergillus. Invasive aspergillosis usually happens in people whose immune system has been greatly compromised and the prognosis is far less favorable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not necessarily kids: Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (abpa) is a hypersensitivity reaction to a. Fumigatus colonization of the tracheobronchial tree and occurs in conjunction with asthma and cystic fibrosis (cf). 0.25-0.8% of people with asthma and approximately 7% of patients with CF are estimated to have abpa (this includeds kids and adults). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
That depends...: Aspergillus infections are opportunistic. That is, they usually occur in persons with severely compromised bone marrow function (such as just after intense chemotherapy), or among those taking potent immunosuppressive drugs (after a transplant for example). Aspergillosis does occur more often in persons with "blood cancer" (leukemia for example) than solid tumors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Uncommon: Pulmonary aspergillosis is an uncommon infection in the immuno competent population, but is much more prevalent in patients whose general or local (pulmonary) immunity is compromised (hiv +, patients receiving chemotherapy, multiple disease conditions including COPD etc.). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between pneumonia and pulmonary edema?
- What is the difference between arterial hypertension and pulmonary hypertension?
- What is the difference between pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary nodule?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- What is the difference between zyrtec and xyzal?
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free