Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between A Deviated Septum And Nasal Bone Fracture
One is inside: A deviated septum refers to crooked or displaced bone and cartilage inside the nose. This can cause blockage of the nasal passages. The nasal bones are on the outside of the upper part of the nose. Both or either the nasal bones and the nasal septum can be broken. Broken nasal bones may cause the outside of the nose to become crooked. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Deviated septum: A deviated septum describes the wall which divides the nose into lefty and right nostril when it is not aligned to the midline. A nasal bone fracture describes a broken portion of the nasal bones. Both can be corrected surgically.Have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist, ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Sinus or ear infection atleast 1x a month.Fractured both my sinus, orbitals and nose also have a deviated septum.Could this cause it or what else?
None: No difference.Get a more detailed answer ›
None: They are different terms for the same thing. Fracture can vary in severity and problems. Almost always there is trauma to the soft tissues surrounding the bone. When it is open (exposed to the outside environment) it is much more serious since infection risk is higher. The higher the energy that caused the fracture, the more problems that attend the fracture. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
None: Broken, fractured, cracked all the same.Get a more detailed answer ›
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a cracked bone and a fractured bone?
- What is the difference between a fractured heel bone and a heel spur?
- What is the difference between a bone break and a bone fracture?
- What is the main difference between a compound fracture and a contusion?
- What is the difference between a stress reaction and a stress fracture?
- What is the main difference between a broken and fractured clavicle?
- What is the difference between a bruised knee cap and fracture?
- What is the difference between shin splits and a stress fracture?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free