Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between A Cracked Bone And A Fractured Bone
None: Broken, fractured, cracked all the same. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
I had a difficult lower molar extraction 1 week ago - roots fused to the bone. Severe pain feels like a bone fracture. Could I have a cracked jaw?
Doubtful: You had a difficult surgical extraction which necessitated the cutting of bone, gum tissue, and then sutures to close the wound. Even though you feel a week is enough time for this to have healed, it will take longer. Your surgeon should be advised of your pain.. you might have an infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I think I have bennets fracture my bone sore after three days still the bone feels crushed . Painful and I feel a crack. Does this sound like a break ?
See 1 more doctor answer
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a deviated septum and nasal bone fracture?
- What is the difference between a fractured heel bone and a heel spur?
- What is the difference between a bone break and a bone fracture?
- What is the main difference between a compound fracture and a contusion?
- What is the difference between a stress reaction and a stress fracture?
- What is the main difference between a broken and fractured clavicle?
- What is the difference between a bruised knee cap and fracture?
- What are the differences between a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free